Sunday, 28 October 2012
HOW TO CROCHET A NECK TIE
COPYRIGHT, 2012, M. E. Harrington www.Hectanooga.etsy.com
You may sell your finished items. Permission is not granted to copy or distribute this pattern in any manner. If friends would like a copy or this pattern please refer them to my blog: http://hectanoogapatterns.blogspot.ca/
MATERIALS: Worsted weight yarn Size 5mm crochet hook Yarn needle
1. Chain 7, single crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook, and in each stitch of the chain. (For babies, chain 5 or 6 to make a narrower tie.)
2. Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in each stitch of the chain.
3. Repeat step 2 until the rectangle is as long as you would like.
4. Make the pointed end of the tie: * Chain 1 and turn, skip the first stitch, single crochet in the next stitch, and in each stitch, except skip the 2nd to last stitch, and single crochet in the last stitch. Repeat from * one more time. Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in the center stitch of the row, and fasten off. Thread the yarn end into a needle, and rearrange the tip of the tie, and weave the yarn end into the finished work.
5. Form the top of the tie: Fold the opposite end of the tie down approximately 1 inch. With a needle and yarn, sew the fold down, then gather up.
6. Crochet a smaller rectangle to wrap around the gathered area: Chain 4, single crochet in the 2nd stitch from the hook, and in each stitch of the chain. Chain 1 and turn, single crochet across the row, repeat from * until the rectangle is approx. 2 to 2 ½ inches long, and fasten off. Wrap around the tie, and sew in place. 7. Crochet a chain as long as you need. Pass it through the fold at the top of the tie, and tie around the neck under the collar of the shirt.