Need Yarn? Buy yarn here: http://tinyurl.com/HectanoogaYarn
Want free patterns? Tune in here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Hectanooga1
Worsted weight yarn (Approx 60 grams for adult size.)
5.5 mm crochet hook, US I 9
Shoe laces or chained cord
OPTIONAL: Flip Flops for soles in the size required
INSTRUCTIONS: (Photo 1)
Chain 5, slip stitch to join and form a ring. (Carry the yarn end along the outside of the ring, and when finished you will be able to pull the yarn end and close up the hole.)
In the ring, make:
Adult small (Ladies 5 to 7): 12 single crochet
Slip stitch to join.
2. Chain 1 and turn, make 2 single crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to join.
(You will have twice the number of stitches as in the previous row.)
3. *Chain 1 and turn, single crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to join.
Repeat from * for enough rows to cover your toes. ( 7 rows)
Add 3 more rows of single crochet from * above.
Photo 3 and 4.
4. Begin the sides:
Chain 1 and turn, single crochet across the row, leaving 7 stitches un-worked:
5.*Chain 1 and turn, single crochet across the row. Repeat from * until the entire slipper
measures 9 inches long.
6. Fold the back end of the slipper in half, and slip stitch the heel end closed.
7. Attach yarn in the center back stitch, chain 2, double crochet in each stitch
around, slip stitch to join and fasten off.
8. Pass shoe laces or chained cords through the last row of double crochet stitches.
SLIPPERS ARE FINISHED.
To attach a flip flop sole to the slipper:
See video instructions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXCHgc9hwvA
Pull off the top thong section.
Put the slipper on, and identify the row of stitches which will be the sides. Mark with safety pins.
With a darning needle, and strong yarn or cord, sew the slipper to the sole.
(If the person is not available, simply place the slipper over the sole, and see where it naturally fits, and sew along that line of stitches. The slippers can be stretched, and re-arranged easily to fit onto the sole.)